KintoHub makes it easy to deploy cloud-native applications by simplifying the workflow from source to production.
Build your source code into KintoBlocks
Your source code is what brings your applications to life. By empowering you to focus on your code, we believe you can innovate faster and build more amazing applications.
KintoBlocks help by wrapping extra logic and infrastructure plumbing around your source code to make the project creation process easier. However, you don't need to adopt any framework, you can just use your current code as-is.
- Website KintoBlocks provide a web endpoint (HTTP/HTTPS) by default.
- Microservice KintoBlocks are lightweight apps and services supporting your backend. They can communicate amongst each other via the internal network. Many programming languages and frameworks are supported.
- Custom Service KintoBlocks allow pre-packaged popular open-source projects like databases, queues and caches, to be included with your project. Or you can define your own services.
Simply connect KintoHub to your Git repositories (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, or private repos).
Then let KintoHub compile and build the source code into cloud-native packages, using the popular Docker container format.
Combine KintoBlocks into a Project
Applications tend to be composed of multiple parts or tiers. For example, frontend and backend components, or a Web, API and Database tier.
This is similar to how KintoBlocks can be combined into a Project. Mix and match KintoBlocks into a Project, and within that environment those KintoBlocks can communicate amongst each other.
Each KintoBlock can be configured with its own specific environment variables. Think of passwords, connection strings, API URLs and other typical configuration settings you don't want to hard-code.
Tip: Because KintoBlocks allow an application to be split up easily, it supports individual team members to work on different blocks independently. It makes it easy to adopt a microservices architecture, whilst keeping the team aligned with a uniform workflow to deploy these services.
Deploy projects to the cloud
We have intentionally kept it easy to deploy your applications. Once you've composed and configured a project, simply press the Deploy button to push everything to the cloud. We will hook up virtual machines, API endpoints, security constraints, logging, monitoring, etcetera for you.
It's equally easy to spin up multiple environments (e.i. DEV, TEST & PROD) in your projects. Just provide a name for a new environment, and press the Promote button to clone an existing environment into another one. Of course you can customize the configurations of KintoBlocks per environment.
Access your app & APIs immediately
Once your application is deployed, you can access its endpoints immediately.
- Websites are automatically exposed to the internet via HTTP and HTTPS, and support Websockets.
- Microservices can optionally be accessed through the API Gateway by first authenticating with the KintoHub API. It is also possible to access microservices without authentication if you have enabled the public API support.